Does Your Roof Need Replacing?
As a homeowner, taking care of every aspect of your home is important to you. From routine cleaning to weekend landscaping and gardening you care for the in’s and out’s of your home. But for many homeowners, the roofing and siding of their home is easily forgotten. While it’s understandable to forget about your roof, it’s important that you’re keeping special tabs on it as well. Being conscious about the condition of your roof could end up saving you a ton of money in the future.
With that said, do you know when it’s time to replace your roof?
There are many reasons to replace your roof, but our roofing company felt it was most important to tell you about these ones.
Signs You Need a Roof Replacement
- Your Roof is Peeling – Take a look at your roof, do you notice anything? If the shingles on your roof are coming off of the roof they aren’t serving their purpose and peeling shingles are generally a sign of an old roof.
- You Have Leaks In Your Attic – Often times, homeowners aren’t spending a lot of time in their attic. However, if you take a look in your attic and notice puddles or water stains on the ceiling, then it’s time to replace your roof. Not doing so can break down your roof causing much more major issues that a simple roof replacement.
- Your Roof is Old – If your home has had the same roof for 20-25 years, then it’s time to get a replacement. This is generally the lifespan of a roof and once it’s outlived it’s time, replacing your roof is extremely important.
- Your Roof is Sagging – If you notice your roof sagging you need to call a roofing company immediately. This is typically a sign of a structural issue and a general contractor will be able to help stabilize the structure and provide roof replacement to secure your home.
- You Can See Sunlight in Your Attic – When checking out your attic to see if there were wet spots, did you happen to notice sunlight? If so, it’s time to get a roof replacement. This means that your shingles are cracking or coming off altogether.
Typically, any issue with your roof is a big issue. Regardless of the timing, if you notice that your shingles are peeling, or that some are missing, then you should consider getting a roof replacement. If you’re looking to get your roof replaced, then look to Eli Construction. We are Shirley’s Top Rated Local® roofers and are happy to provide you with a free quote on your roof replacement. Call us today!
1490 William Floyd Pkwy, #103
Shirley, New York 11967
Accepted Payment Methods
- Monday - Saturday
- 7:00am – 6:00pm
- by Appointment Only